Energy Resource Conservation (ERC) Loan
Marlboro Electric Cooperative is now offering low-interest fixed-rate loans through the Energy Resource Conservation (ERC) Loan Program to member-owners for improving their homes’ energy efficiency.
Types of eligible projects include, but are not limited to:
• Electric heat pumps*
• Dual fuel heat pumps*
• Ground source heat pumps*
• Programmable thermostats*
• Insulation for the attic, ducts, floors, walls, water heater and water piping
• Storm windows and doors
• Thermal windows and insulated doors
• Attic ventilation systems
• Caulking & weather stripping
*An energy savings switch may be installed by Marlboro Electric.
Financing of energy conservation projects completed prior to applying for the loan, refinancing of completed work, or new construction is not permissible.
Improvements must be made to a home owned by a member of Marlboro Electric. Loan applications are open to:
• Residential members who are the homeowners
• Mobile home owners who own both the mobile home and the land where the home is permanently set up
• Property must be insured
• A Marlboro Electric member for at least 12 months
• No service disconnects with Marlboro Electric ever
• No more than one late payment in the last 12 months
Qualifying is easy! A credit check, home energy audit and approval by Marlboro Electric are all that’s needed.
The loan application fee is $35. If the member is approved, up to $5,000 is available for a repayment period of six (6) years. The loan is a simple interest loan with a fixed 7% interest rate. All loans will be secured with a lien on the real property and filed at the courthouse. Loan payments will be added to the monthly bill.
1. For more information, contact Marlboro Electric at (843) 479-3855.
2. Click here for an Application.
3. Complete the application and return it along with a copy of your property deed and the required estimate (s) from the approved licensed contractor (s) you have selected and the $35 application fee.
4. Upon receiving written notice from Marlboro Electric that you loan has been approved, the contractor may begin work on the improvements.
5. When the contractor has completed the work, Marlboro Electric will inspect the work to verify project completion per program standards.
6. If the standards have been met, the loan will be closed and a check for the improvements will be issued jointly to you and the contractor.
7. The loan payments will begin appearing on your bill.